Friday, February 11, 2011

Loi Bazaar

I said it already, but I'll say it again - I love shopping in India.  The shopping area in Vrindavan is called Loi Bazaar.

En route to Loi Bazaar via a cycle rickshaw...











When the street starts to narrow, you know you're getting closer.

Our first stop was Ganga Prasad, as we were told by several people that was the best place to go.  We spent at least an hour in there.  While I picked out a few salwar kameez for a friend back home, Lila Katha, G stayed entertained by helping Lila pick out a sari for herself.  



We walked out of there with about a dozen shawls and scarfs, several dhotis, a few salwar kameez, and a couple of kurtas.  Then we walked a few stalls down to another clothing shop, where we bought several ghagra choli's for G and her friends and a spare choli for me.  All the while the electricity kept going on and off.  We hit up a bunch of smaller stalls for beads and bangles.  And then Chris fell in love with stainless steel plates and mini bowls.

It was exhausting, but I wish I could have gone back another day.  Although, for my wallet's sake, it's probably for the best that I didn't!

1 comment: